1. Treat the Hotel and HavenCon Staff with respect, they are here to assist you.
2. HavenCon Staff, Guests and Attendees may not engage in any activities that are prohibited by law.
3. HavenCon Staff, Guests and Attendees may not be in possession of any item defined as a weapon, illegal or otherwise. (See Weapons Policy below for more details)
4. HavenCon Staff, Guests and Attendees may not bring any animals onto the premises, with the exception of licensed ADA Working Animals. These will need to be disclosed and licenses checked at Registration.
5. Badges and or wristbands must be worn visibly at all times. If you are in a costume that may prohibit this, HavenCon staff will work with you to accommodate this within reason.
6. Shoes must be worn at all times.
7. No sleeping is allowed in any HavenCon Area, at any time.
8. Alcohol may be consumed on premises with a valid ID to be checked by hotel staff. Alcohol is not allowed in any panel room.
9. Outside food and drink are not allowed. Any food or drink purchased at the HavenCon is not allowed in any panel rooms.
10. Usage or possession of illegal drugs on HavenCon grounds is strictly forbidden — this is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
11. Harassment of any type is forbidden (see Harassment Policy for more details) — this is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
12. Badges and/or wristbands must be purchased in order to access the HavenCon.
13. If you do not have a badge and/or accompanying wristband you will be asked to leave until you purchase one.
14. We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
15. Advertisements and littering. HavenCon will provide a table at the convention for other organizations or individuals to place flyers, cards, or other advertisement materials. Please do not roam the convention floor passing out unsolicited materials to individuals. This can be disruptive and makes for a bad time for our attendees. Also, our sponsors, vendors and other organizations havepaid valuable money to be represented at the convention and it is unfair to them (and to HavenCon) that you receive free advertisement based on the hard work of an amazing group of people. Don’t be “that person”. Also, many times these items are just left lying around it causes an unsightly mess throughout the venue. If you would like to know where to place these items, please see aHavenCon staff member.
1. HavenCon is a JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for those that wish to criticize ANY fellow geek or gamer in a negative way. If you find yourself a recipient of any form of judgement, please notify a staff member. 1st complaint is a warning and 2nd will result in immediately removal from the HavenCon without refund.
2. HavenCon is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience. HavenCon will not tolerate inappropriate behavior of any kind, including but not limited to harassment because of age, disability, marital status, race or color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate removal without refund.
3. Anyone who feels their experience is being compromised due to unacceptable or questionable behavior is encouraged to speak with HavenCon staff immediately. Personally confronting the aggressor or posting on social media is not advisable. We are here to help you.
4. Any threatening behavior with the intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment or embarrass another is unacceptable and grounds for removal without refund. If unacceptable behavior continues after being escorted out local authorities will be contacted. Austin Police Department will have a presence at HavenCon, and we will work closely with them to ensure everyone’s safety.
5. HavenCon is not responsible for solving any interpersonal problems that may arise. We can take no action to prevent a person from attending the HavenCon unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the HavenCon itself or if another individual can produce a legal restraining order.
1. Keep lines single-file and stay close to the wall/barricades.
3. No cutting — be courteous to others.
4. Don’t argue with the Staff if they attempt to correct you.
5. Keep in mind that the Staff is not yelling at you, but they have to speak loudly enough for the entire line to hear.
6. Please fill seats as completely as possible — Try not to leave empty spaces.
7. Any event-specific rules will be announced at the start of the individual event. Please listen while they are being announced.
1. The HavenCon after hours dance is for those ages 18+
2. The HavenCon Gaming Lounge will be open to all ages, however, minors must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Security will not watch or hold bags or items for you — please leave them in your room/car.
4. Security may initiate a bag or pocket check for contraband.
5. Shoes must be worn at all times.
6. Alcohol may be consumed in the dance area by those of legal age. Anyone caught contributing
7. No fighting (or dance fighting).
8. If you have a history of seizures, asthma or heart attack, please AVOID the afterhours dance. The heat and flashing lights may trigger attacks.
9. No means no — Harassment will not be tolerated. If you are being harassed in any way, please bring it to the attention of Security.
10. Any solicitation of alcohol or drugs will result in immediate expulsion from the Con (without refund) — local authorities will be contacted.
1. HavenCon is able to provide a limited number of badges. These badges are guaranteed to: Indiegogo contributors, Early Bird registrants, and those who registered online. There will be some badges the day of, however day of entrants are not guaranteed one. All attendees will receive a wristband. This wristband must stay on during your entire visit. If you lose this band you will need to purchase a new one.
2. Anyone picking up a pre-registration badge must have legal ID and a proof of purchase. HavenCon Staff is aware that not all names are “legal” names. We do not require extensive explanation, and we will be sensitive to these situations. But for security purposes, we will need to verify your identity.
3. ALL badges/wristbands are non-transferable and the staff may request ID at any time that they believe someone may be carrying someone else’s badge.
4. All badges must be worn visibly at all times within the HavenCon areas.
5. HavenCon is not liable for any lost badges. If your badge is lost, please check with lost and found.
6. HavenCon badges/wristbands are required for entry to all HavenCon events — no exceptions.
7. Anyone caught “borrowing” a badge will be removed from the Con, as will the person who “loaned” you their badge. Borrowing or loaning badges is STEALING — let’s all support theHavenCon the correct way and enjoy it together.
These rules are subject to change at the discretion of HavenCon management.